Monday, July 14, 2008

2 Month Check-up

Today Harper had her 2 month check-up. I was dreading this appointment because I knew she was going to be given lots of shots, so Justin came with me for support! I gave her tylenol before we left to ease some of her pain, but most of it came out of her mouth. She got her shots and started crying of course and I was holding her hands and talking to her and crying as well and Justin was behind me rubbing my back and telling Harper and I it was okay. How sad are we?! She stopped crying a couple of minutes later and was asleep before we left the doctor's office. I think it hurt me worse than it did Harper! She got 4 shots and 1 oral vaccine. She is 23 1/2 inches long (90th percentile) and is 11 pounds 10 ounces (40th percentile). She is long and skinny! The doctor also told me that she needs to be sleeping in her crib now (ummm, yeah, okay) and that I need to let her cry so she can learn to sleep on her own. She hasn't heard my child cry obviously. I really don't know how that is going to be accomplished! She'll lay in her crib and watch her mobile, but after about the 3rd or 4th time of winding it up, she's done and wants to be picked up.

As for the bottle situation - she still won't take one. Justin, my mom, and I have all tried, but that girl knows what she wants and it isn't a bottle! I spoke to a lactation consultant and she suggested I try a medicine cup. I did order a special (expensive) bottle that resembles a breast more than anything else, so I am going to try that and pray that she likes it. Otherwise, it is going to be a medicine cup or dropper, and I feel sorry for her nanny!

She had some tummy time this morning. She is holding her head up so well!


1 comment:

tessa said...

Aww, I remember crying when Coopie got his shots ... it's amazing how quickly grown women turn into big ol' bawl bags when someone's poking their child with a long, angry needle, lol! Good luck with the bottle thing ... I'm trying to get Coop OFF the bottle and on to a sippy cup full time. The fun just never stops with little ones. =)