Monday, June 2, 2008

Recent Pictures

Harper is now 3 1/2 weeks old! I can't believe how fast it is going. She is changing everyday. She is starting to smile a little bit - I am eager for her to start smiling at us for real! I truly see God's grace.
Hayden chilling out on his Momma's lap. He makes the funniest noises. As of today, he is 3 weeks old!

After 3 weeks, she finally lost her umbilical cord! She's not attached anymore, as Blair says. I was starting to get a little worried about it, since Hayden lost his days ago. And plus, that thing was starting to stink! :) Now she's got a cute little belly button!

She sleeps so peacefully on my chest. If I put her down, she wakes up so fast. That's why I hate to put her down! That and the fact that I just love to hold her. She won't be this tiny and cuddly forever, so I want to soak up every second of it and enjoy it while I can.

I dressed her cute yesterday - it didn't last for long though (use your imagination!).

Beautiful Angel Babe

Blair was trying to get Harper and Hayden to hold hands. That obviously didn't work out :) Those arms just have a mind of their own! We went to Blair and David's on Saturday to cook out. Sure enough, just as the steaks were ready, both babies wanted to eat. Harper waited until I was done, but Blair had to go feed Hayden. Isn't that how it always goes?!

She was sleeping, but while I was talking to her, she would start to smile. So sweet!

Looking over Mommy's shoulder at Daddy.

Things I've learned about mommyhood so far:
1. Never assume she has finished pooping.
2. It really is a satisfying thing, getting a burp out of your child.
3. I don't miss the sleep that I miss out on.
4. That my heart could grow this much, or break at the sound of her cries.
5. I can just look at her and cry. Hormones, I'm sure! Just when exactly do they start to level out?!
6. Our lives were incomplete without Harper.

So I need advice or words of wisdom. Those of you who are working moms, how did you do it? Not the balancing of everything, but the actual going back to work. I am dreading that day more than anything. I've cried several times about this (and am now to be honest) and begged Justin to let me stay at home. How in the world am I supposed to leave my child with someone else? What if she starts to think that someone else is her mommy? I never in my life thought it would be this hard. I would give my right arm to be able to stay with her. What could I possibly do from home to make money so that bills would be paid and I could stay at home with Harper?

5 comments:

Sara "Lou" said...

Oh my gosh, could that baby look any more like her mother!? She is precious! I can't wait to meet her. Love you, Sara

tessa said...

hey mommy-

it sounds like you are adjusting to parenthood with amazing speed and beauty. I am so incredibly proud of you. =) I will be sending you something I wrote about the first day I went back to work (one of the hardest days of my life) after Coop was born. I think it will help put things in perspective a little (and illicite a tear or two, but it's totally normal and totally cathartic!). You and Blair and the baby Hs are in my every thought and prayer. Call or e-mail me anytime, I've just come from where you are and while I wouldn't call what I can offer "wisdom," it is in-the-trenches reality that will help you see that every mama hurts ... and heals. Love you!!

Hulsey Fam said...

ok it is official she is getting cuter by the second..... thanks for sharing those pics I know you are busy:) My heart is so heavy for you and I am going to be praying God will open a door for you to stay home... he gives us the desires of our hearts and he is faithful.. his timing isn't always ours but he is faithful.. love ya girl you are a wonderful mommy it is very apparent....:)

The Buster Bunch said...

Hey Hailey! I found your blog through Heather's page. Your baby is precious. Isn't being a mom amazing!!!
I felt the same way about going back to work. The Lord put two couples in my life who let me keep their babies. So, I keep up to 4 babies, including mine Mon-Thurs. It's so great because I get to stay home with Brenley. It doesn't pay as much as a "real" job, but it helps pay the bills. It's just a thought as you decide what to do.

mrsrobinson said...

Hey Hayley! I can't believe I found you on here. Congratulations on your precious baby girl. She is beautiful just like her mommy. Definitely enjoy it while she is little, it really does go by so fast. My 'baby' will already be 3 in July. Do you still talk to Leah any? Take care.