Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bottle Woes

So now I am trying to introduce the bottle to Harper since I do have to go back to work (boo) eventually (stretching that out for as long as possible). I didn't try the bottle until she was 6 weeks old, and I didn't know that I should have a couple of weeks before. She has only taken 2 bottles out of 5 or 6 that we have tried to give her, and this is very frustrating. I know I have to keep trying, but she is stubborn like her Mommy and Daddy, and she knows what she likes! Some days she gets angry and cries, and other days she just kind of plays with it but won't really latch on. Mom and Blair tell me to keep trying, and I will, but I am getting stressed! What if she absolutely won't?!

1 comment:

Hulsey Fam said...

she will my friend but I understand your frustration and stress:) put her on the breast and have a bottle ready... get her eating really good and then switch her to the bottle but keep her on your skin so she is warm and can smell you... she likes her some mommy:)this should help her transition, she might not take to it immediatly but just work with her and she will... talk to her the whole time you are giving her the bottle so she can smell you and hear you...good luck I hope this helps:)