Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Our Shower!

This past weekend was our baby shower. Blair and I had a joint shower hosted by my wonderful Aunt Kara, my wonderful sister-in-law Brittny, and a mom of one of Blair's good friends. We got so many nice gifts! I am still trying to sort through everything. Our little Sixlet is going to be the best dressed baby, I tell you! My darling Nana was even there - that made my day. Kara's house was so full that Blair and I got soooo hot. Kara had to turn the a/c down below 70 and had both fans in her living room going. Everyone else was freezing, but the pregnant girls felt much better! Brittny and I - I had just opened her gift. She gave me so many cute outfits, and she made both Blair and I thank you notes to match our handmade invitations. Think I cried a little! I love her. That's my beautiful Nana sitting next to her.
Cannot wait to see our baby in this dress from my momma!

Of course, Blair and I were the first ones in line to eat. In our defense, we were told to!
Justin's Aunt Fay made this quilt for Sixlet - isn't it cute? I love it. She also made us one for our wedding present - she is so talented!

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I will let everyone know how it goes. It's my last 2 week appointment. Next week I start going once a week. We are getting so close. 5 weeks to go. Just let that sink in for a minute, because I still can't believe that it is getting so close. I am so excited! And terrified. Justin and I brought home all of the furniture when we came home on Sunday. My parents are coming over on Saturday to help us decorate her nursery! It's going to be so pretty. I will post pictures when it is done. We also bought a bed for the guest bedroom. Just in time! After all, I have a feeling that grandparents are going to want to come and see baby Sixlet! They may not have a choice. I would actually like my parents and Cherie to move in. Please?!

Please start praying for us! I am getting so nervous. Pray for a safe and non-traumatic labor and delivery for the baby and I. And also keep my precious husband in your prayers.

No comments: