Saturday, April 12, 2008

Her Nursery!

Mom and Dad came over for the day to work on the baby's nursery. Brittny and Cherie also came and helped. Cherie also gave us our pack and play (thank you dahling)! I love how everything turned out! So cute, even if I do say so myself.


There is a picture of my Nana holding me when I was a baby on the shelf

The cradle that Sixlet will sleep in when we bring her home! Mom made the sheets and bumper pad for it.

Momma and Brittny replacing hardware on the dresser. The crib and dresser are what my parents bought before they had me. My sister and I slept in it, my cousins slept in it, and their cousins slept in it. My mom and I were out in the garage sanding them to weather them, and they look so good! If you don't know me very well, I love all things vintage, so the more shabby chic, the better!

My Aunt Kara made both Blair and I a diaper cake for our shower, and since I don't have a changing pad for the top of the dresser yet, I decided to leave it. I think it is so cute!

Brittny and Cherie gave us the bedding for the crib, and I absolutely love it.


This was my antique pink dresser that I had before Justin and I got married. He thought he had gotten rid it, poor thing! I think Mom got to have it for about a year. Just perfect for a baby girl's room (I thought it was perfect for a 27 year old's room, too :) )

We ordered this chair from Kid's Village in Abilene, and it is so comfortable. I wanted something that could also be used for a boy if that is what we have next time. It is over-sized for my tall honey, so he will want to rock our baby in it too!


So now that her nursery and our guest bedroom are done (yay!) we are almost done with getting ready for the baby. All we need to do is pack our bags and get the car seat in the car. I guess we need to get the car seat in the car - don't we? I don't know when we should do that. I will be 36 weeks this week, and I am sooooooo ready. I am not sleeping because I am so uncomfortable. I know when she comes I still won't be sleeping, but at least I will be more comfortable! My doctor's appointment was Thursday, and I was told to back off the sodium because I am swelling. And oh, am I swelling. My feet are horribly swollen, especially after being on them all day, and I am seeing it in my hands and face, too. I know this is all part of it and our beautiful baby is going to be worth it all!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Hayley, I love the nursery! Of course your Momma has given me sufficient 'training' in shabby chic/vintage decor. I've been an antique lover for a long time, so it didn't take much convincing for me to love all things vintage. I especially like your crib bedding, the pink dresser, and that picture of you and Nana is priceless. I can't wait to rock that sweet baby girl. love you, Marilyn