Monday, March 16, 2009

Inspiration

My sister found a blog that I think everyone should read - Bring the Rain.  It has already brought me to tears this morning.  This woman has such great unwavering faith in God, and I desperately want to follow in her footsteps.  He is so much bigger than all of us.  He is greater than our greatest problems.  I recently finished reading The Shack.  It is such a great book - about how our relationships with the Lord should be.  I realized after reading it that my relationship with Him could be so much better than it is.  My sister said this on her blog and I completely agree - having a baby has made me understand how much He loves us.  He loves us no matter what, even when we fail Him.

I realize on a daily basis just how truly blessed I am.  I won't bore anyone with the details, but before I met Justin I went through a really rough time in my life.  I was delivered from a situation that not many people get out of, and I truly believe it was God's intervention in my life.  My family welcomed me back with open arms.  I met my future husband.  We got married and now we have our beautiful Harper.  I am where I am supposed to be.  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)   

 

3 comments:

Momma/GiGi said...

Amazing Grace! Nothing can separate us from God's love for us. It's His promise, and He died to prove it.

mimipam said...

sweet hayley girl, you have no idea how many times I prayed for you during your "tough times"...I would often run into your dad at the store and we would "share"--or he would and I would listen--we both needed it. Anyway, I know God led you through the fire for a reason, I never understand, but I accept His wisdom. I am just so thankful you found your way through the valley. There IS a peace that passes understanding...lovemimipam

Hulsey Fam said...

Praise God for speaking through your words and your life... his grace is sufficient! I am thankful for you and blessed by your testimony:)