Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Quick Update

This is going to be short because this girl is sooooo tired. We went to our childbirth class tonight and we were shown a video of a birth. Yes, I grew up with a momma who was a labor and delivery nurse. I looked at all her books. I even got to go to work with her and see babies being born. However, now that it is me that is about to have a baby, something is different. I am completely terrified. Had we been shown the video at the end of class, I would have been in tears by the time Justin and I got to the car. But she showed the video at the very beginning - I had to hold it together (I wanted to run - no kidding). I know that this is a normal emotion, but still... terrified. Isn't the woman supposed to be the confident one going into this?!

I went to Dr. Robbins yesterday, and there was no change - but Sixlet could possibly be here next week...

4 comments:

mimipam said...

poor baby! OK, Hayley you CAN do this and yes, everyone has a "I can't do this" emotion toward the end. Hearing that does not make it any less intense for you, I know that. So just have a lil prayer slumber party with the big GUY upstairs and give Him all your fears. I know Justin will be so supportive you will be amazed...so hang tough lil cookie! Praying for your strength and calm. love you girl....mimipam

Terra said...

Thanks so much, Hayley! That means a lot to me! I'm so glad to see you so happy! I check your blog almost daily to see if you little one has arrived yet! Looking forward to seeing some pics! Take care & the best of luck! I'll be in touch & like I said, awaiting Sixlet's arrival! You are in for the most amazing treat!

papa said...

Hayley-

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not to much longer Hayley, then you can hold this little bundle of joy that we all have been waiting on for 9 months. We love you--

Momma/GiGi said...

It's kind of like "cold feet" before a wedding...you get all nervous and unsure and think maybe you've made a big mistake. But you have what it takes, you're tough and strong and how else you gonna get to hold our little sweet pea??? God tells us to let HIM do the worrying, just release it to Him. He knows your heart anyway. You're in our prayers daily for a wonderful and safe and joyful birth. We love you. Soon-to-be Glamma and Papa:)