Tuesday, November 2, 2010

back in business. sort of.

random thoughts...

1. Yes, I am a bad blogger.  My computer was out of commission for a long time.  She's as good as new now (can computers be gender specific?).  But another part of that problem is that I don't want to sit down at the computer to blog.  I am dead at the end of the day, and all I want to do after Harps goes down is be lazy on the couch.

2.  Harper has now gone since last Thursday morning without a binky.  BIG deal.  I think I was as attached to those things as she was.  It has been really easy, however.  Maybe I should have addressed the issue a long time ago...?  Oh well.  I did it before she was 3.  Leave me alone.  I still have 2 in my purse.  I look at them and want to give one to her... haaaaa.

3.  Working on potty training.  She does great for Doris.  For me?  Not so much.  Only if she is in the mood.  I'm picking my battles.

4.  She is ALMOST 2 and a half years old.  My joy.  There are times when I get SO frustrated with that girl... she is so headstrong.  Have NO clue where she gets that.  But on the flip side of that, she is so incredibly loving, so funny, so spunky, so full of life.  Love her.  LOVE.  We read to her every night before bed, and she has started reading to me.  She has a couple of her favorites memorized, so she reads them.  Aaaahhhh, my heart.  Need to get that on video.

5.  We had a great weekend this last weekend.  Got to eat lunch on Saturday with Hayden and B, went shopping (by myself!) with Britt, had Britt and the fam over for dinner on Saturday night, church on Sunday, then trick-or-treating with the Smith's.  Halloween was SO much fun this year!  They totally got it.  Hayden would even just walk right into the house as soon as a door opened and go straight for the candy.  He's got a sweet tooth, bless his heart!

6.  Yes, I have a ton of pictures to catch up on.  I will get to that, hopefully in the next few days!  Got Lightroom.  So excited to start using it.

7.  Harps recently got put on her first antibiotic, for a cold that would not go away.  I think she was sick for close to a month.  Well, that first time on an antibiotic, and she got a rash.  This was no ordinary rash, let me tell you.  Head to toe, red, itchy, raised.  She didn't look like Harper.  It was so sad.  The doc has also marked her chart as amoxicillin allergy.  Sigh.

8.  On Saturday, she was carrying her Bible around.  I asked her what the Bible said, and she said, "Jesus!"  So sweet.

9.  A couple Harperisms:
                    bebena: banana
                    tattub: bathtub
She still says "hold you" when she wants to be held.  When she's excited about something, we get an "oooooooooookayyyyyy!".

I will leave you with a picture of my loves - taken at the beach.  Going to sit on the couch.
                  
                                                         South Padre, September 2010

2 comments:

The Perkins Family said...

I'm happy to see you back on the blog!! :) Can't wait to see some of your pictures with Lightroom. I've been hearing so much about it lately? do you also have regular photoshop? I have photoshop elements, but don't really know too much about lightroom yet.

Momma/GiGi said...

Heart melting photo of Harpey and her daddy....priceless!