Monday, August 17, 2009

Around the House

A couple of weeks ago, there was a really bad storm.  So bad that Justin came and got me out of the shower so we could go in Harper's bathroom and wait it out.  The winds were horrible obviously, since Harper's swingset was picked up and thrown and broken into several pieces.  I am so sad!  Hopefully we can get her something soon.  She loved her slide.


My (early) birthday present from my parents - a buffet for our dining room.  LOVE it.  Mom found it at an antique store in Abilene.  It's in my color :)

This coffee table was my parents for 15 years, then it became ours a few years ago.  We finally decided to paint it...  
Before...

Justin painting...

...and after, sanded.  How did we do?  Next project: painting the dining room chairs.


3 comments:

Momma/GiGi said...

The table looks great! Hope you make lots of fun memories around it like we did when you and B were kids!

Brittny said...

Love the table! You and Justin are so handy! =0)

Erin Woolsey said...

that buffet is the most beautiful piece ever! doesn't abilene have the best finds? have you checked out the Furniture Junk-it? It's off of Mockingbird and like 11th--right by Subway. Basically the owner shops for flea market furniture bargains, then sells them at a cheap price...but the catch is she will finish the furniture any color paint you want. It's quite a delight. I've gotten like 5 pieces all for less than 200 a piece! A true vintage/shabby chic dream come true :D. My mother-in-law wants me to take her soon! haha

Which she lives in Weatherford, that's where you live right?