Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Harper Updates!

Harper had her 6 month check up back in November right after we moved. She weighed 16.5 pounds (50th percentile) and was 27 inches long (90th percentile). That girl is long and lean, but I'm not surprised - her daddy and grandmama are both tall and slender. I'm jealous of those long legs!

We started feeding her baby food, and she likes it for the most part. She seems to like real food more - I think she has a texture issue. She has eaten (real) steamed carrots and green beans and loves them. She also gets puffs, cheerios, and bananas - she eats like such a little piggy! It just depends on her mood whether or not she will eat the baby food.
12/8/2008
Harper on her 7 month birthday, wearing her Christmas outfit from Gigi. That hat is hilarious.

Playing in her nursery

Smiling at her daddy. I swear no one can make her smile like he can :) Back when Justin and I were first dating, I once told him that I couldn't wait for him to have a daughter, because then he would understand the love a daughter has for her daddy. I think the feeling is mutual.

Yes, smiling at daddy.

Me and my girl, about to go Christmas shopping!

Okay. This is all she does. She turned 6 months on November 8th, and started crawling November 10th. That same week she started sitting up by herself. Sometime in the past few weeks, she started pulling herself up. And she doesn't stop! We can't leave her alone for 30 seconds, because she disappears. She crawls everywhere and pulls up on everything. Giving her a bath is even difficult, because she doesn't want to sit down. Full of energy, just like Justin!

One more thing - Harper started sleeping in her crib! Well, she starts out in there, anyway. (Baby steps, please!) I was getting no sleep so I had to start working on it. Each night she fusses less and less, and that makes it so much easier on mommy. It goes against every fiber in my being to let her cry, but she is doing great! So, gold star for me?

2 comments:

The Perkins Family said...

Hi! Harper is so cute! Glad you guys are doing well. You're blog layout looks great.

Unknown said...

hi hayley! i saw your blog on fabulous k designs. harper is beautiful! i can't believe she is pulling up at 6 months! determined little girl. my caroline is 9 1/2 months and doesn't even want to crawl, she is starting to pull up but is content on sitting up and us attending to her every need.
hope all is well!