Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Harper!

Hello world!

On Thursday, May 8, 2008, the world became a better place. Harper Rebecca Six was born! We went to the hospital at 6 that morning, and at 5:56pm, we had our baby girl. She is so beautiful! She weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. She is such a blessing and we already can't imagine our lives without her.

Justin holding his baby girl. Such an amazing feeling, holding her for the first time. I was completely amazed when I first saw her - no one can prepare you for the emotions you feel, looking at your child's face for the first time, holding her for the first time. A gift from God.

Blair, Justin, and I before the fun began!

Look how sweet.

She really is so beautiful! We were waiting to go home from the hospital.

Proud Daddy
I love watching him with her. We both love to just sit and hold her.

She fell asleep on Papa this afternoon while I was getting ready. I used to sleep on him the same way.

I am completely blown away by how much I love my daughter. I went through something that I never thought I was capable of, and I would go through it again in a heartbeat for her. Justin and I are so in love with her, and we are completely in awe of the fact that she is ours. She has been born into a family that already loves her so much. She is a blessing from heaven above.

We have a lot more pictures that I will post later, but I just wanted to give everyone a glimpse of my baby girl!

3 comments:

Terra said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! Looking forward to more pics! We're so happy for you guys! The fun & joy is just beginning!

tessa said...

happy, happy first mommy's day, Hay! I am so incredibly happy for you. Harper (love the name!) is perfect, absolutely perfect. But, then again, this is you, what else would she be?

sending you love, hugs and "nap"py thoughts!

mimipam said...

Isn't it a fabulous cloud you are sailing on right now??? Could there be anything more precious EVER? I am soooo happy for you both (and the "grands" also-ha ha), Harper will bless you in ways you have not even begun to imagine--Hayley, your mom will agree with me on this one! So settle in, and learn to be a lil "family" and love every single sigh and pouty face. I am proud of you Hayley girl-I knew you could do this!! Love and Blessings to you all...mimipam